Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas '09

Ok, so I feel like I should explain this picture. First, my parents had 9 kids, and of those 9 kids 3 have their own kids(10 actually), and also of those 9 about 6 of us buy for everyone. And we only open on a day that ALL of us can be there. So when you add that all up you get this....

The tree is 71/2 feet tall and there are present going ALL the way around it. It usually takes about 20 to 25 minutes to get them all passed out and even then with everyone opening and throwing paper balls at each other it takes about an hour for it to calm down enough for us to start cleaning, but the good thing is that with all those people the clean up only takes about 20 minutes. All-in-all it comes down to about the best day of the year.

Also, we don't buy each other expensive thing. I think I got by with spending about $6(some less) a person this year. (Dad a little more since we always go in on something big for him.) It's fun and easy and it's something I look forward to doing for many years to come. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've ALWAYS wanted to be a part of you guys opening presents. I've always wondered what Aunt Sally and Uncle Mike's tree looked like. Look at that stack of presents on the side! Holy COW!! It's almost as tall as the tree is! That's just AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete