Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dad Part II

I just recieved this from my Wonderful Grandmother and just wanted to share it with the rest of you. I loved it Grandma. Thank you. Look for my comments in Bold Italics.

My water broke at 1:30 PM and Mother and I called Bob (Grandpa) home from American Standard. He came home and SHAVED (OMG! That's a man for ya.) while I had severe pains in my back and a towel catching the water. (Officially my hero now!) We lived in Shively and we drove to Jewish Hospital. Mike was born at 3:20PM. While I was having him Mother was in the Chapel praying and God said "It is a little boy." As she walked out Bob came to tell her we had a boy! He was beautiful! Pretty round head, and the lady in the room with me was Catholic and her boy had an oblong head for she had hard labor. She called in the Priest to pray for him. She thought he would die. It was so sad. A few days later Mother prayed for Michael that he would be a Holiness preacher! She stayed with me a week. When Michael was about 2 weeks old -I rolled out of bed and with my knees on the floor-kneeled by the bed -I held his little hand and thanked GOD for him. I told God I would raise him in Church and tell him about JESUS but there was something I could not do-I ask GOD to put the LOVE of JESUS in his heart. I often think of that prayer and know GOD is REAL! Praise HIS HOLY HOLY HOLY name JESUS!

I thought I was going to have more comments in there but she handled it perfectly I thought.

I honestly don't think I could have handled having kids back then. Give me drugs, drugs, and more drugs. Thank you so much Grandma for the information. I have been asking him and Mom more questions lately about them growing up. Things they did, saw, experienced. I just want to know about them. They getting on in years and I don't want to have questions about stuff like that when they are not around to answer. (Also, expecting you to live FOREVER for me so I can ask you stuff they can't answer. On top of other things of course.) Thank you again for the story Grandma. I really LOVED it.

Ps. Did your Mom get to see Dad become a preacher?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love birth stories. How very cool for you to have your grandma to tell you this story!!! Also, I'm with you. DRUGS!!! Couldn't have done either delivery without 'em.

    ReplyDelete