Monday, July 13, 2009

Dr Visit/Bee sting

The twins had to go get physicals last week for school. We honestly didn't think they would need shots, so I told the girls, every time they asked, "no shots." The whole time in the waiting room, "No shots, right Mom." and I would say, "Nope no shots today." I asked the Nurse practitioner if they would need them and Natalie goes, "No, we don't." But, unfortunately, they needed 5. Now I usually limit it to 2 maybe 3 per visit because I don't like the fevers that come with it, or the doped up kid, or the inflamed shot spots. I have only had like 2 Dr. that haven't fought me over it, and actually worked with me on it. This one did not. She argued with me for 10 minutes about how my insurance wouldn't cover it if we split it up, and I would have to play for the visit and shot, bla, bla, bla. Finally, when I was about to lose my head and start screaming VERY loud curse words, she said that we could put off the Hep. A shot, which would have been a new one for the twins. All I had to do was sign a paper saying I denied it. I know I caved by letting them give the twins 4 shots, but honestly, I was just so sick of fighting and was ready to get out of there before I smacked a witch. I did make sure that they were all shots that they have had before, not new ones. I did get some cute pictures with my phone of the girls getting their heart listened to up on the little bed thing.





So, the shots. I thought I would be sneaky and have Natalie hide in the closet while Regan got the shots. Nope, she heard Every cry of pain and Regan yelling "NO, NO, NO, NO!" Apparently she tensed up so bad that she has bruises from where they had to push through the muscle. Natalie screamed bloody murder the whole time. Real tears. It was heart breaking. I told Tim I would rather take Conner instead of the twins. They were a little stiff for about 3 days, and Natalie's got a little inflamed. That's it.
Madyson stepped on a bee and for the last 30 minutes has screamed bloody murder. She went to bed, thinking if she took a nap when she woke up it wouldn't hurt any more, but cried so much that Conner went in there to check on her and she ended up screaming at him to "get off her bed and stop trying to touch her bee sting." I would take a picture but I just got her quiet and don't want to get the water works going again. Oh, who am I kidding.....
Her "I'm in pain" face.

Notice the pain on her face. Lol


Here is her "scared/cry baby" face. Notice the stick by her foot. Conner thought hitting the bee sting with a stick would help.


Conner snuck over to see the chickens on my "Farm." Gotta love Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment