Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Snakes are of the Devil"

I was cleaning the house this week when all of a sudden I hear a blood curling scream coming from one of my kids. They were playing with the neighbor kid so I just dropped the broom and took off running, (Yes, I can't believe it either, me RUN! Ha!) I even forgot my shoes, well, till I hit the rocks anyway but by then it was to late to go back for them. I start yelling "What's wrong, What's wrong?" Then I hear, "OMGITSASNAKEINTHEGRASSHELPHELPHELP!!!" Fast, loud, screeching. She repeated it 3 times before I got what she was saying. I immediately start looking at the kids to see if any are holding wounds, they weren't, and then trying to find the snake. Then I notice Conner and Natalie. They are about 15 feet from me and pointing at the grass. So I start yelling "GET BACK, GET BACK!" And sure enough, right in front of them, slithering along, is a snake about 4 feet long, hauling butt away from the kids, and my kids are chasing it across the yard. OMG! I HATE snakes! Need I remind you about the previous time I came across a snake. (Just do a search for snake and you'll find it.) So I yell for Gracie(neighbor girl) to grab me a shovel (YES, I'm going to kill it. My kids play in that yard ALL THE TIME!) I swear I chopped that stupid snake 3 times with that shovel and could Not get it's head chopped off. The 3rd time I just help it down while Gracie's Mother ran across the road to get the guy who lives there. He, in turn, chopped at it with a hoe and even he couldn't get it's head off either. Didn't even break it's scales. We don't know what kind of snake it was. Figure it was a copperhead, maybe. I found out later that Regan had seen it in the grass and reached down to pick it up thinking it was a toy, therefore the blood curling scream. It scares me so much thinking that one of my kids could have been bitten by that snake. THANK YOU GOD that they weren't.

Favorite pictures: Look at this little Cutie Pie! Aren't those cheeks just so pinchable!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie and Conner have the same sweet rosebud mouth! If you smelled cucumber when you saw the snake it was a copperhead and they have a diamond shaped pattern. I hate snakes too!

    ReplyDelete