Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fireworks!!!

As Amy recently posted, Chad’s B-day was Monday but we celebrated Sunday. He cracks me up because he hates the attention but if we don’t acknowledge it he gets his feelings hurt. (yes, Amy, you know he totally would.) So I was one of those people that would burst out in song every time he walked in the room, past a window, stood within yelling distance. Tim, me and the kids went to Mom’s Monday to see her and Dad before they left town again and Chad kept asking me why we were there. I honestly couldn’t figure out what the heck he was talking about except that I was still singing to him.
Chad: “Why are you here!”
Me: “What are you talking about? Oh, Happy Birthday to you…”
Chad: “WHY ARE YOU HERE?”
Me: “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU….”
Finally he asked me “Are you here for a birthday thing?”
I had no clue what the boy was talking about. I said, “Didn’t we do that yesterday?”
Then it hit me. HE THINKS WE ARE HAVING A SURPRISE SOMETHING!!!! Poor little Chad. He really thought we were there for some kind of surprise party or get together. Like I said before, Poor Chad. Me and Mom laughed hard over that one, then called Amy and laughed with her too. No ,we did not have anything planned for Chad but Mom felt bad so we bought him some fireworks and set them off last night… to the tune of “Happy Birthday.” Just kidding. Lol. Since it was dark and I hate using my flash so here is what I got. Not the best, but definitly fun.










The Family. Plus Rob. Minus Mel and Neal. And of course the ones in charge of the fireworks.

The Peanut gallery.


Luckily we didn’t catch anything of fire this time. It has happened. Last year Dad got so nervous that he ran and moved his Truck to the bottom of the driveway, just in case. One year we actually shot a friend and a kid. Had to drop the kid in the pool to put her skirt out. It was HORRIBLE! Now we sit Farther back, and let Josh H. be in charge since he is pretty much the safest one out there. Mom laughs at the fact that all her boys are pyro’s but they get it from her. She is the one who always contributes the most money, screams the loudest, eggs on shooting at Josh F. So far the only kids that don’t like them very much is Ben and Madyson. The two whinny pants.







And My Favorite shot of the night. Regan and her Sparkler.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am amazed at your firework shots...mine didn't turn out nearly as good. I'm trying really hard not to lust for another camera just yet. I don't want to be the little old lady living under a bridge but owns $15,000 in camera equipment LOL>

    ReplyDelete