Monday, June 1, 2009

"Monster Snake!!!"

I was leaving Mom’s/Amy’s house one day last week and as I was topping the hill there was this HUGE snake in the road. Now my first instinct is to run it over because, hello, my kids play around there, but the blogger in me decided to get some pictures first.

Now, I had called Amy and was telling her all about it and trying to see if it was alive, and take a picture of it all at the same time. I was so nervous! I have heard the strike radius on snakes ranges from like 2 to 6 feet and I was about 4 feet away with the van in between us. But the thought of that thing striking at me had me almost wet in the pants. I am honestly surprised that I even got out of the van.I couldn’t figure out if it was alive or not so I decided to throw stuff at it to check. I honestly figured it was faking it so that it could eat me when I got close. So I threw a stick at it.

It didn’t move. Then I got distracted. Then I remembered why I was standing in the road and decided to check and see if it was alive again. I honestly thought I was a good shot till I tried to hit that stupid snake with a stick, here is what it looked like when I finally gave up.

Of all those sticks I only hit it with one, and barely with that one. But that one was enough for me to figure out that it was dead, but since , like I said, my kids play around there I had to make sure, so I ran over it. That things bones were so thick that when my 1200 pound van ran over it IT DIDN’T SQUISH IT!!! Also, did I mention that the kids were in the van with me and when I yelled “MONSTER SNAKE!!” they took me literally and wanted to get out and see it. I had to threaten bodily harm for them to listen to me so that they didn’t end up the dead snakes next meal. I also had to promise them I would show them the “monster snake” pictures I took. When we went back to Amy’s/Mom’s a few days later the snake was gone. I assume it was thrown off the road by Chad or someone else, but I secretly worry that it crawled away and I had been looking death in the face that day, and taking it’s picture.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. This is great! I would have done the same thing only I'm dumb enough to get to close before I make sure it's dead and it would have been alive and I would have needed someone to suck the poison out of my rear end. LOL! :o)

    ReplyDelete