Monday, April 27, 2009

Fishing

Don’t you just love the weekend! We had so much fun this weekend. Tim took me fishing Friday afternoon. It was so fun. I didn’t catch anything, just one little nibble. After about 2 hours I gave up and started reading. Here’s my kind of relaxing day. Look at that blue sky!


Tim did pretty good. Caught 2 keepers. Lots of nibbles. He was so proud of his fish. As you can see, I took my camera along. I think I took like 100 pictures in those few hours. When I get bored I tend to snap away or read. This time I read most of the time but here are some of my favorite shots



Here is my favorite shot. So peaceful, right.


Look at how green everything was. I kept hearing noises in the woods. Very freaky considering how close we were to the shore and how shallow the water was. I was afraid a bear was going to swim out and get us. Why yes I am a paranoid freak. You could see everything under the water though. We saw so many fish that just laughed at our lures and kept on swimming. I only put my feet in the water once because I was afraid a shark was going to eat my toes off. Yes, I know it’s fresh water and sharks can’t live in fresh water, but I’ve seen enough shark shows to know that bull sharks have been known to swim inland and since a lot of fresh water streams are connected to the ocean what’s to say that sharks couldn’t make it to the Tennessee River.
I did tell you how paranoid I am when it comes to water.

Proof that I was there. Tim was so paranoid that I was going to drop my camera in the water. Yeah right! That thing is like a 5th child that is really, really good and listens to me when I talk. The best kid EVER! It’s not going anywhere


Madyson is obsessed with watching Nims Island. She always freaks out on the part where the shark hit’s the boat and shakes it. She just told me, “I don’t like sharks, I just like otters and penguins.” I just like watching Gerard Butler. That man is one fine piece of meat. (Mom that one is for you. Yes, I am happily married, but my hubby also gets my sense of humor and understands when I’m joking.) Currently her and Conner are fighting over who gets to sit beside me. Conner is winning because he is meaner than her.
For Gay. Find the lady bug!
Ps. If you click on the picture it gets bigger.

3 comments:

  1. ME and Gay played find the lady bug. We found it. She loves the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look peaceful. Michael and I couldn't do that with the boys. I would be hauling them out of the river every five min. Little busy bodys. I love the shots that are into the sun making a siloette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get to go fishing :( I'm still sulking. I did find the ladybug - very good shot! Love the shot of you in the water! Tell Linn how you didn't actually take your kids, so she knows you don't have any angels in your family LOL.

    ReplyDelete