Wednesday, April 29, 2009

River rats

Tim and I took the kids to Grasshopper Creek Tuesday, since the girls were out of school. We had a blast. We took the boat and Tim would let the kids take turns riding in it with him. Conner rode the most, of course. Anything his father does he’s right there beside him. The girls loved the water even though it was so cold. They fought over who was going to get to wear the 2 new suits I had bought. Poor Natalie got shafted. Every time Tim would take someone out on the boat besides him, Conner would flip out and get so ticked that I finally got sick of hearing it and threw him in the water. Needless to say he calmed down enough to play. (The butt crack is my favorite part about this picture.)


That is Tim and Regan on the boat in the back ground. Natalie was so tempted to jump in the water off of this ledge that was about 3 or 4 foot high but the water was only about a foot deep so I wouldn’t let her. I think she was secretly relieved. Madyson kept egging her on saying, “Do it! Do it!” But when I asked her(mady) if she was going to jump she said No, it was too high.

The girls waiting patiently for a fish to catch. The 2 not looking at me were watching Conner throw Tim's lures in the water hoping they don't get blamed for it.



Here is Tim showing off the fish he caught with the girls help. We got video of it if you want to see it. Just go to Tim’s Myspace page and check it out. Those of you who know his last name that is. They were so brave. They actually touched the slimy thing, braver than me. Yuk!



Here’s Tim being like Mike Iaconnelli, the pro fisherman. isn't he the cutest little dork you've ever seen.


Here’s Regan trying to be like her Dad.

Tim and his Bff fishing. They are only in 3 feet of water here. That is why Conner isn't wearing a life jacket. Not to mention everytime we put it on him he screamed like a little girl. Hmmmm, wonder if he learned that from his daddy also?

Waiting for their turn on the boat.

We are by the beach (that is where I am standing) so there are no fish to catch but the girls wanted to show me how they did it.

Playing "Turtle, Turtle." (It's a family thing.)

Some of my favorite shots of the day.


Our visitors.


Look at Regan's long, beautiful hair. So pretty.



Conner's hair blowing in the wind.


And when I got bored.....

My favorite part of the day was collecting the shells to take to Mamaw and Papaw. While we were collecting a slug crawled out of one and Madyson started screaming that a snake was trying to get her. Also, trying to back the boat carrier thing, that I honestly can not think of the name right now, down the boat ramp straight and ending up sideways practically. It's really harder than it looks. God forbide it just go straight so I can show Tim I can do things just as good as him. Needless to say he laughed at me for a long time because of that. But their was another woman there that was trying to do it too and she messed up just as much as me, we both agreed that men suck and can do it by themselves from now on.
Ps, Madyson is still carrying the shells around in her purse. Maybe we will get them to my parents some time this year. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture on Tim's profile of Connor sitting at the edge and you can see his little crack. Baby crack is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love the pic of Tim & his fish, eyeball to eyeball...gonna show Chad that one LOL.
    Second, love the slug & boat trailer story. TRAILER. I did it fine, though...all that practice with a camper. That didn't stop Chad from telling me when to turn and me yelling at him to shut up, I was doing this when he was a tadpole in him momma's belly....

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i love the pic when regan is trying to be like tim so cute

    ReplyDelete