Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Can I go back yet?

As you all know, we just got back from visiting my grandma. We had so much fun. We went to the zoo, went to Huber’s Orchard, went to Polly’s Freeze, and just played with Family. The kids welcomed everyone with open arms and even though they only see these people once a year they didn’t act shy or bashful or anything like that. (Except Conner, he finally let Shelly hold him that last night for about 19 seconds.)

The girls also fallowed their cousins around anytime they came around. I guess it’s too soon to explain that cousins are off limits. We rode on Uncle Marks 4-wheeler and golf cart.

Their dog Lucky loved to ride too. He rode shot gun a few times but mostly liked it under my legs. I swear he would squish that pedal and make us go fast, at least that’s the story I’m sticking to. We got to play in the Tee-Pee. So neat. Thank you Aunt Shelly for putting it up.




I took over a 1000 pictures on this trip. (Yes, I am camera happy.) Here is my favorite Grandma ever! I just had to have pictures of everyone and everything. It’s not this colorful at Christmas. I just wanted to have memories and proof of those memories.




Madyson did not want to pose for pictures. She kept saying she was “scared to take pictures.” Which is really just her way of trying to get out of doing something. “I’m scared to put my shoes on. I’m scared to wipe my own butt. I’m scared to get my own fork.” The Twins really got into it. These are some of my tame shots. I plan on pulling out the crazy ones later when I need a good laugh.



I only got 3 pictures with me and my G-ma but Tim got in like 5. He does not know how to snap super fast and then pick out the good ones later. I love you Grandma!


And of course, you can’t forget the kids favorite part of the whole trip. Fala.




When we first got there Grandma would have to make him go in her room so he would stop running all crazy and give everyone a break. By the time we left 4 days later he was begging Grandma to let him go hide under the bed. Poor Fala. Conner would call him “La-la.” I think he started calling Grandma “La-la” too. Like he got them confused or something. Last time I checked my Grandma didn’t look like a poodle.


I love how much Grandma loves to talk. She told me everything about people I had no clue who they were. And she like to say names of road or towns like I was supposed to know where the heck she was talking about. “So and So live off of Smith rd and was related to this person who lived off of Hill rd.” I loved it though. If I ever meet these people I’m going to know right where they live and all their whole life story. I joke about it but really I love information. I loved hearing all her stories. Especially the ones about “The Family.” How Bobby got in the river over his head when he was only 4 and Tony had to save him. And how Mark almost drowned trying to save a friend, then how Grandma yelled at him and told him not to do it again. How Tony was always sneaking off to places he wasn't supposed to be. It was 4 day of her all to myself practically. At Christmas you have to fight for her attention with the 60 other people there and hope she can hear you over the noise. But this time I got to laugh and joke with her and only have to fight with the girls who barely left her side and fought over who got to sit beside her. After the first day I finally admitted defeat and moved to the other couch. Little brats.


Favorite shot today.
It seems like everyone and their momma had a Winery up there. I wish I would have got a picture of the name of this one so I could remember what it was called. I’ll have to call G-ma and ask. She knows everything and everyone.


2 comments:

  1. You ARE your grandma. Seriously. And Shelley just threw up a tee pee for you guys? I want some of HER pills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous because she got to ride the golf cart ive been trying to ride that thing for ever

    ReplyDelete