Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 2

We went to the zoo yesterday and had so much fun. The day started cloudy but at 4, when it was supposed to start raining, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. The kids had so much fun. They chased geese, rode a train, and freaked out over the possibility of getting locked in the zoo. We went with my cousin Amber and her 2 girls, Kristen and Ciarrah.
I asked the kids what their favorite parts where but they didn’t get enough sleep so every time I look in their general direction they get mad and start yelling and crying, so I’m going to tell you My favorite parts.


1st.
The geese that walked all over the place. They were EVERYWHERE! And they had babies, so anytime my kids got to close they would start hissing and the girls thought that was so awesome. I had to explain, hissing comes right before biting. Here are the geese.







We walked into a territory war at one point and had to hurry the kids past. I’m not sure who won but my vote is for the one on the right.


2nd.
The Peacock! OMG! The males were all about showing off. They were colorful and loud and Tim kept trying to get me too pull out one of their feathers. I ignored him till he ask a kid, then I gave him the stink-eye.




Aren’t they just gorgeous! He stayed fanned out like this for about 15 minutes. Tim had to drag me away so we could eat.


3rd.
The parakeet’s, I think that is what they were. (My FAVORITE part.)
They give you a little cup of nectar, for 1.50 a piece, and you hold it while the birds drink it. They warn you ahead of time not to scream(HA!), or slap at them, or step on them. We were in there 30 seconds before I got attacked. SO AWESOME!!!! You’ll notice Amber cowering behind the net at first, though she finally grows a pair and steps into the enclosure.


I have to say, Non of the kids screamed, even though Kristen wanted to so bad. Madyson handled the invasion of her space very well. And even though he tried many times, Conner never was able to step on one of the birds. The twins just kind of walked around looking at the birds, not really wanting them on themselves overly much. Regan didn't cry and try to get us all away from them either. Big surprise.


Tim was so happy they liked him too. I tried explaining it was only because of the nectar.


Here I am asking the kids if there is something on my head because I feel like something is moving up there. (No, Amy smart butt, it wasn't lice or bugs.)
I love this shot!!!!

The good thing is we all left poop free. The guy that worked in there sounded pretty shocked at that fact.
Now I have to go because I am supposed to meet Linn at 10 and the clock in chiming. I do plan on adding more zoo shots later on but there were just too many to pic from. I ended up with 688 shots on my memory card before it kept telling me "memory card full." I take my pictures on the highest resolution I can because I like to print them off, that is why not very many fit on the card.

My favorite shot of the day! (for today)

4 comments:

  1. i need to see more pics of amber and her girls. the one of may may cracks me up.. so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the Madyson pic is mine & mom's favorite! And we love the peacock pictures...awesome! We have to do the Knoxville Zoo this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lorikeets and we've never been able to do that while we were over there. It's usually packed. Eden did once when she went with our friend Ric. I can't believe they didn't poo on you! The peacock pictures are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the peacock was so pretty i some time i am going to have to go there with the birds

    ReplyDelete