Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day one

We are currently on the road when this is being written. (God invented lap tops just for me!) We are driving through Louisville, Ky. and Tim is making the kids guess how many fingers he is holding up (Conner is screaming “May-May” every time). Conner has cried almost the whole time. For chips, for Regans' pillow that he already has on his lap, for cereal, to get out of his seat. You name it and he’s screamed it. I tried laying down but he made me hold his hand the whole time so it was not a real rest. I think my favorite part so far was when Tim started doing the “sprinkler” to “The butt song.” I honestly thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen. I thought we were going to have a melt down from Madyson before we even left the house. She had her arms FULL of animals and we told her she could only take 1. She looked at me and stuck her lower lip out and I said, “Fine! The Hawk (parrot) and dog can go, but no bear, cat, ball, or 5 dresses you want to show Great Grandma.” Of course she didn’t listen so Tim had to step in and he got her down to just “Hawk” and dog. She almost started crying again but then he reminded her we’re going to Grandmas and she will have toys that they can play with too and she perked right up.

Some pictures from the trip.






As soon as it came into view the girls started screaming “There’s Josh’s House!!!” We told them like 2 years ago that Josh was going to have to live here when he got kicked out of Mom’s again and they have forever remembered that. Here you go Josh, your “house.”





When we went over the Indiana/Kentucky bridge at Christmas Regan was riding with Beth, and Beth called me to tell me that Regan had cried the whole time over it because she thought we were all “going to die.” Fall into the water and die. She had no problem this time though. She was yelling the whole time for the others to look at the town on her side, no your town is not as cool as mine, mine has pipes. I assume the pipes where smoke stacks and not just random pipes sticking out of buildings. Who knows. Well, I guess Regan does. Here is my Grandma’s house. Such beautiful landscaping. HI GRANDMA!!!!

We were there 20 minutes before Grandma put Tim to work.


Ps. On my last post I put a picture of Mom, Beth, and Amy sitting on a couch and I had just made a comment about the girls peeing their pants. I put that picture right below that comment to show you who was peeing themselves (yes, it was a joke). Amy told me yesterday that she couldn’t figure out why I had put the picture on there. I just wanted to clear up any confusion, I WAS JOKING ABOUT MY FAMILY!!! Yes, Amy, you were the one who was supposedly peeing their pants.



Random quotes:
I was on the phone with Amy when all of a sudden she yelled “Ben! Why is there poop on the outside of your pants?” I’m pretty sure he said, “Mom, Bandit did it.”



My favorite picture today. That does not mean it was taken today, just that I really, really like it today.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to sunny southern Indiana, only, it's not sunny today. Hopefully the rest of the week will be better and I can't wait until Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO dead to me! Stick to your OWN poo stories, sister! And I don't pee my pants...your 5 year olds do! HA, take that!
    And love love LOVE Josh's house. That's the funniest thing I've heard since, well, 3 minutes ago. And love that flower. Gah, I'm so inspiring, aren't I?!

    ReplyDelete